Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I thought I would do a quick update on Grier-- he has been doing GREAT!!! He loved Halloween and has now moved on from his imaginary baseball/soccer team to his basketball team!!! Yes-- we did have to get him Chuck Taylor's for his "uniform"!

On the medical front it has been quiet for us-- tomorrow we will go see Dr. McMahon for his monthly check-up-- And next Friday (14th)-- his mediport will be taken out! Exciting in so many ways but scary in some ways too--- We have not had surgery in Charlotte in so long-- I am out of practice-- I am used to MSKCC so it will be an adjustment for us! I joked with a friend and said that I would bring my stroller and as soon as he blinked I was leaving the recovery room and walking home-- Hey-- that is what we did in NYC! I know that will not be the case and have been told to spend at least an hour in recovery-- maybe longer- ( Hey.. Susan can you go to outpatient and be our nurse that day??? :) PLEASE!!! I wish some of our NYC friends were as lucky as we have been for the last few months-- I am sick of reading about kids losing their battle with NB and those that are relapsing -- It has been non-stop lately -- It is really NOT fair--

We were given a gift that is priceless-- Angela Shea came to our house and went to the Park with us to do some family photographs-- First... let me say she was AWESOME to work with and if you need a children's photographer-- I would give her 10 stars!!! Here is the blog she does and you can see some of our pictures-- http://www.shea.typepad.com

And everyone who reads this blog ( which is NOT many any more) knows I only have a few more days to write about the CURESEARCH milestones walk on Saturday, Nov.15th-- Our GGG team is not at 100 yet--- and I am begging you to pre-register to make my life easier as a team captain on the morning of the walk-YOU MUST register everyone that will be walking-(it is $10 per walker) - I am going to be wearing a million hats that morning and I would love to have everyone that is going to walk with us register on-line-- If you can not walk in person-- join the team as a virtual walker-- send out a few emails-- set a goal of $10 and see the difference you make when everyone contributes a little bit! Also-- as the disorganized team captain that I am --- I did not print any special shirts for our team to wear-- IF you have a Go, Grier, Go shirt-- wear it! IF NOT-- Kerri may have a few so if you email me I can forward that to her-- And IF YOU DO NOT want to wear a GGG shirt-- that is OK too!
The walk is going to be fun-- only a couple of laps around Freedom Park lake-- music... Sir Purr, Lug- Nut, Molly Grantham, Starbucks, Smoothie King, Krispy Kreme.. Kids.. Families.. doctors.. nurses... friends... neighbors.. all coming together to show their support for finding a cure-

Thanks to the latest sponsor of the walk--- Commonwealth Animal Hospital!!! Thanks Jimmy !

I am sure I have forgotten something -- oh well-- maybe I will update more often!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Amy,

Just wanted to say I have loved following Grier's progress (I check the block every single day) and I am so so happy and thankful that things are going as well as they are :)

Best of luck for Surgery in NC!!!


Julie :)

Mary Ellen Paine said...

I will be praying thru surgery. Grier told Karen Sitton and I that High school musical was great. He was so excited. I love when he passes by in the morning he usually updates us about the family or whatever else is going on.
I think of you everyday and pray every night.
Lots of love to you all,
Mary Ellen

Tom said...

I am so glad to hear of Grier's progress. He is often on my mind and in my prayers. Lucas and I lit a prayer candle for him while we visited Westminster Abbey in London last month. I hope the many prayers on his behalf continue his healing. Peace,
The Barnhardts

Anonymous said...

Amy
Our family prays for you and Grier daily. We are so glad that you all are enjoying fall and being together. We have not forgotten you!!!

Laura Black
Greenville, SC

Anonymous said...

Amy-
I finally got caught up on all your blog entries. How wonderful that Grier is doing so well. I will think of you and pray for Grier and his doctors on the 14th. I have not forgotten you or Grier!

Alice Arwood

Anonymous said...

What priceless photos! That is truly a gift and no family deserves it more than yours! You're the AABF -- All-American BEST Family -- in my book!!

Am looking forward to Saturday -- did you find out the time to meet at Freedom? I've looked for the time on the website and haven't been able to find it anywhwer.

Love and prayers,

Betty G

GO STEEL FAB!

GO STEEL FAB!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Grier's address in NYC

Grier Christenbury
Ronald McDonald House of New York

405 East 73rd Street

New York, NY 10021

Before 3F8

Before 3F8

After 3F8

After 3F8
30 minutes later

Free Money for Go Grier Go!.. just by shopping online!!

iGive.com

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC
www.cornellpediatrics.org-- Great hospital!

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street
just transporting-- not an emergency!

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor
Monday 10/29/07

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park
Thanks to everyone that helped!!!

On the way to NYC!

On the way to NYC!

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC
Playing with the doctors and nurses 10/19/07

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

HOPE IS GOOD!!

HOPE IS GOOD!!

Supersib- GRACE

Supersib- GRACE

SuperSib-- HAYES

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!
I am 3!

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Pat

Grier & Pat

Go Grier Go!

Go Grier Go!




Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's

Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's