Thursday, April 30, 2009

I thought I was going to write a long update tonight about our CRAZY day of waiting--- but I am too tired!  
We were told to be at the hospital at 10:30 for our 11:30 MRI--- so we were there and that is when the wait began--- Let me just say that by 3:30 Grier was finally taken back for his MRI--  Apparently, this day was full of emergencies and since Grier had anesthesia with the MRI and then Bone Marrows right after it-- we just had to go with the flow- and if it were Grier in an emergency I would hope people would do the same and not complain-  This is an extremely busy place -- we met lots of people in the waiting room today-- Grier entertained them with his southern accent so it helped pass the 5+ hours!  The hardest part was not eating or drinking (NPO) since last night at dinner-- Grier is really a good sport about that I on the other hand need some caffeine !!!  He knew he was going to eat a Willy Wonka bar that Jeanna got him and that is what he did after he woke up-

We got back to the ronald around 5 --- I was so glad we did not try to change our flight-- that would have added so much stress to this day.  

We did get a quick moment with a doctor and he said the prelim of CT and MIBG are negative--- we still need to hear about MRI, urine, and BM--

I will update more from home-- this day was mentally exhausting-- I watched so many people get bad news... it is something I dread to see at Sloan--because as with the emergencies that happened ..I know the roles could be reversed at anytime--

We should be home by 8 :30am so I need to watch grey's, clean, pack and  sleep.... You would think I had enough hospital drama for today--- now I just need Jeff to stop flipping to the Yankees game!!!

2 comments:

Mary Ellen Paine said...

Glad the preliminaries were good. Still praying for great results on everything.
Looking forwrd to seeing you and having you back.
Hope you get some rest. Know Grace and Hayes will be happy to have you home.
Love,
Mary Ellen

Anonymous said...

I have not looked at this site in so long - what a good feeling. I did pray for all of you last week. In fact, last Sunday, I had the preschool kids sing, "shine all over NYC" when they sang, "This Little Light of Mine. I will keep praying that all test come back clear. Please know that you are always in my thoughts and prayers even though we do not get to catch-up or see each other very often. Love, Pat

GO STEEL FAB!

GO STEEL FAB!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Grier's address in NYC

Grier Christenbury
Ronald McDonald House of New York

405 East 73rd Street

New York, NY 10021

Before 3F8

Before 3F8

After 3F8

After 3F8
30 minutes later

Free Money for Go Grier Go!.. just by shopping online!!

iGive.com

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC
www.cornellpediatrics.org-- Great hospital!

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street
just transporting-- not an emergency!

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor
Monday 10/29/07

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park
Thanks to everyone that helped!!!

On the way to NYC!

On the way to NYC!

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC
Playing with the doctors and nurses 10/19/07

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

HOPE IS GOOD!!

HOPE IS GOOD!!

Supersib- GRACE

Supersib- GRACE

SuperSib-- HAYES

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!
I am 3!

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Pat

Grier & Pat

Go Grier Go!

Go Grier Go!




Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's

Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's