Friday, November 6, 2009

A CRAZY WEEK---






























































We are back from NYC-- I know some are wondering why I have not posted anything in awhile so I thought I would do a quick update-- Grier had 2 days of tests in NYC-- the same ones he always has so nothing was out of the norm. He was a trooper as usual-- I really can not explain what he actually has to do in a short amount of time--- you would be amazed! And the best part is when he leaves the hospital doors he seems to be OK-- He likes NYC for a few days at a time-- actually I like it for a few days-- so this trip was almost perfect-- we arrived Monday at 6pm and left Wednesday at 7pm-- I do not know any details of the results-- We have to wait on those to see what clinical "trial" Grier can participate in-- That is the part that makes me crazy-- there is nothing out there better than a "trial"! I am not going into details but we are in for a long couple of months with lots of NYC trips-- and the hard part will be to balance NYC life with CLT life because that is just as important~

Tomorrow is a big day for the Go Grier Go team--- we will walk and participate in the 2nd annual Milestones Walk at Freedom Park--- Our team is almost 200 people strong this year and there are several people on the team that have raised over $500 on their own-- That is AWESOME!!! The only way we are going to end this madness is through research so they can find a cure and I am proud of our team for stepping up and making a difference- I got an email from someone and they said they walked in the Avon walk and it raised Millions and she hoped someday that would be the case for pediatric cancer--- I agree but until we ALL make kids a priority than it will not happen--- I think the nicest thing you can do is help raise awareness in honor of a child-- There was a bake sale at the Rogers home last weekend-- they raised $200 for Cookies for Kids Cancer in honor of Grier-- I hear they had a good time doing it-- It is those things that make me smile-- Thanks to all that helped!!!! I was also told of a bake sale in the works-- and it sounds like it will be awesome too--- this helps me more than you know !
Watch this video-- I promise it will inspire you to make a difference --- I get asked all the time if I need something--- and I don't know what I need most of the time and sometimes I need things that no one can give me but by doing things like having a bake sale helps me by knowing that you are in this fight with us--www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr03uNt4dLk-
I have a new brand I love and that is GLAD--- finally a company to step up and make a difference for children-- www.gladtogive.com --
Thanks to all those who are walking in person or in spirit tomorrow in Charlotte-- I hope with increased awareness and funding more kids will reach their MileStones without dealing with cancer and the side effects from the current treatments available-

See ya'll at 9:30am --- if you are coming to stroll around the lake- more to come later---
Amy


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Christenbury family:

So glad that the Walk was a success. I was with you in heart and spirit. We had a good time at John's reunion, but I really missed being with all of you. Hello to Grier, Grace and Hayes.

Love you,
Mrs. D.

GO STEEL FAB!

GO STEEL FAB!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Grier's address in NYC

Grier Christenbury
Ronald McDonald House of New York

405 East 73rd Street

New York, NY 10021

Before 3F8

Before 3F8

After 3F8

After 3F8
30 minutes later

Free Money for Go Grier Go!.. just by shopping online!!

iGive.com

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC
www.cornellpediatrics.org-- Great hospital!

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street
just transporting-- not an emergency!

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor
Monday 10/29/07

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park
Thanks to everyone that helped!!!

On the way to NYC!

On the way to NYC!

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC
Playing with the doctors and nurses 10/19/07

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

HOPE IS GOOD!!

HOPE IS GOOD!!

Supersib- GRACE

Supersib- GRACE

SuperSib-- HAYES

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!
I am 3!

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Pat

Grier & Pat

Go Grier Go!

Go Grier Go!




Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's

Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's