Monday, January 21, 2008

We are still in NYC!


We have been just hanging out in NY!! This is the part that drives me crazy--- I would rather be in Charlotte--especially when we have no appts.! It was not long ago-- I was trying to talk friends into coming to NYC for a girls weekend--- now I would be good if I never came back here!
Hayes, Grace and my mom came to NY on Saturday-- we did the same stuff we usually do-- walk to Times Square and then back to the Ronald--stopping now and then to window shop.. or get warm! It is very cold-- Sunday was a little of the same except the boys could not take the cold (10 degrees) so we would leave for quick trips and then come back!! All six of us camped at the Ronald-- remember that there are 2 twins.. and a sofa bed!! Sound fun? It was nice to see everyone but the 200 sq.ft gets smaller and smaller!!
Today.. we had a change-- Jeff took Hayes and Grace home and Grier, Maggie and me are left to hold down the new schedule-- Right now I know he has a Radiation appt. tomorrow @ 12:30pm-- I can not get them to tell me anything else-- I have tried several times-- I would love to get home if they are not going to start radiation for a few days-- We will see what tomorrow holds- I have already called Corporate Angels to see what flights are available-- Can you tell I am ready to get out of here?
Grier is doing good-- playing bugs..bugs.bugs.. with anyone who will play with him! He loves opening his mail that he has gotten-- everyone is so creative!! Thanks--
That is it for now-- will update tomorrow after his procedure!!!

The Go Grier Go team is starting to think about different fund raising ideas for 2008-- There is a car magnet idea right now-- Trish Riesmeyer is looking into this and has asked for help if you are willing to work on this project with her-- Her email is eriesmey@bellsouth.net--- her number is also 704-365-4200-- I would love to do a 5K/Fun Run someday to raise awareness for Neuroblastoma-- but will wait until things settle down!!

4 comments:

Mary Ellen Paine said...

Glad to hear at least you were all together. Happy to hear Grier is doing so well. I hate that you have to stay. Maybe they will work it so the radiation gets done and you can get home quick.
I am available to work on any project. I am happy to do whatever. I will get in contact with Trish and see how I can help. I am ready to help with the fun run when things settle down for you. You and I made a good team at Park Road. I am sure we will be a great team.
Take care and know as always you are in our hearts and prayers.
Love,The Paine's

Anonymous said...

Stay warm! We are praying for all of you and our fingers are crossed you will all be home soon. I can only imagine. Hang in there.

Hugs, prayers and lots of good wishes coming your way!

Love -
Sally, Pete and Molly

Anonymous said...

So happy that you had a good weekend and that Jeff, Hayes & Grace are home. Maggie will be great company for you and Grier and probably doesn't mind playing Bugs over and over with Grier! It will give Jeff time to rest up and enjoy H&G. Now if we could just get you some R&R!!

Hope things will fall into place for you and that radiation can start SOON so that you can get home SOON!

Thanks for the pics -- is that red sports car (don't know what kind it is, but know it must be expensive!!) what Grier would like for Christmas next year??? Not only will you have your blog as a record of this unforgettable year, but you'll have pictures too. You will look back years from now and wonder how you did it! I look back at my relatively uneventful years of child-rearing and wonder how I did what I did.

Good luck tomorrow and hope you get good news on starting the new treatment.

Stay warm -- it's really cold here too! Hugs and prayers keep coming your way from ...

Betty G

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry I did not blog yesterday...my server was down/disconnected/whatever! I have been lost for 3 days.

I am so happy to see the photos of Grier during and after! He's awesome! Looks like he just got done a nice long nap...happy and ready to go!

I am praying that you get some sort of plan worked out so you can organize your schedule and travel plans! I know how hard that must be to handle...I do not do well with the "not knowing" thing either.

As always, we're thinking of you all non-stop with tons of love and prayers!

Be well and stay warm!
Love,
Dina

GO STEEL FAB!

GO STEEL FAB!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Grier's address in NYC

Grier Christenbury
Ronald McDonald House of New York

405 East 73rd Street

New York, NY 10021

Before 3F8

Before 3F8

After 3F8

After 3F8
30 minutes later

Free Money for Go Grier Go!.. just by shopping online!!

iGive.com

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC
www.cornellpediatrics.org-- Great hospital!

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street
just transporting-- not an emergency!

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor
Monday 10/29/07

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park
Thanks to everyone that helped!!!

On the way to NYC!

On the way to NYC!

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC
Playing with the doctors and nurses 10/19/07

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

HOPE IS GOOD!!

HOPE IS GOOD!!

Supersib- GRACE

Supersib- GRACE

SuperSib-- HAYES

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!
I am 3!

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Pat

Grier & Pat

Go Grier Go!

Go Grier Go!




Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's

Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's