Tuesday, August 25, 2009

New school Year and a CT!

Grier and I got out of the house by 7:15 this morning to head over to CMC--- He did great at the CT--- the only problem was getting the IV--- the nurse was OK at best and after she asked why he was already crying because she had not done anything yet... I was OVER her--She missed the first time in the left arm and then wanted me to put the numbing cream on both arms and wait-- Grier said "NO..magic cream" So I told her she could try on the right arm and if she could not do it I was going to ask someone else to do it--Well... she told me she was the only one and I said I would walk over to the clinic or Levine to find someone used to kids-- it was a bit iffy for a moment! She finally got the IV in and off he went into his scan ( I am not sure what she would do he was not still---a lot of kids have to held by several people!)-- The longest part was waiting the hour while he drank his contrast. We just played games and watched TV-- he was great-- I forget how lucky I am sometimes-- I woke him up at 7:00 told him to get dressed because we had to get another picture taken and off we went-- he could not eat until after the scan--and he had to drink 16oz of contrast- he did that with no complaining-- !
We left the hospital at 9:30 and headed to target to get his surprise--- "a zhu zhu pet??" That is a "pretend" hamster ( just my speed these days)! We could not find them and he settled for a Hot Wheels Car!

So.. now we wait some more--- I am so ready to exhale! On a normal scan week it takes me a week or two to get back to normal so this bout of scanxiety is hopefully almost over -- ! I am looking forward to seeing Dr. McMahon tomorrow- Grier has already told me he has not been to that Charlotte doctor in a LONG time-- not sure how he will react in the clinic-- He is right--the last time was December-


Here are some pictures of Grier this morning--- he dressed himself in his Yankees stuff--!!

Grace and Hayes are at school-- I did see Grace before she left and she was very nervous-- I am going to get a picture of her getting off the bus--- Hayes was asleep when I left so I can't wait to hear about his first day of middle school---good thing I am picking up a few boys at carpool today because I know I will get the scoop from them!

one more day of waiting???
Amy






1 comment:

Mary Ellen Paine said...

Just got in from school. You have been on my mind all day. Glad to hear it is done-sorry you have to sit and wait. We are praying for scar tissue and relief for all of you.
Grier did a great job dressing himself. He looks like he is ready to play ball. He is so brave,as you all are.
Keep us posted as to if you need anything. Hope everyones first day was great.
Lots of love,
Mary Ellen

GO STEEL FAB!

GO STEEL FAB!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Grier's address in NYC

Grier Christenbury
Ronald McDonald House of New York

405 East 73rd Street

New York, NY 10021

Before 3F8

Before 3F8

After 3F8

After 3F8
30 minutes later

Free Money for Go Grier Go!.. just by shopping online!!

iGive.com

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC
www.cornellpediatrics.org-- Great hospital!

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street
just transporting-- not an emergency!

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor
Monday 10/29/07

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park
Thanks to everyone that helped!!!

On the way to NYC!

On the way to NYC!

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC
Playing with the doctors and nurses 10/19/07

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

HOPE IS GOOD!!

HOPE IS GOOD!!

Supersib- GRACE

Supersib- GRACE

SuperSib-- HAYES

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!
I am 3!

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Pat

Grier & Pat

Go Grier Go!

Go Grier Go!




Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's

Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's