Tuesday, January 5, 2010

What day is it??

For over two weeks I have been trying to get back into the swing of things at home--- Christmas and New Years added lots of extra "fun" here---- We had a really nice time with family and friends.... and the break from school was nice....
Grier did great at both of his appointments in Charlotte--- We just finished the 14 days of accutane and I was a little nervous at first.... he had a really bad headache and threw up so I made the phone call to both doctors to see what they thought.... we kept a close watch on him and made sure he he was eating and drinking enough when he took the pills... He did not seem to have another bad headache after the first day. He did get a really bad nosebleed on Christmas Eve-- took awhile to stop but has not had one since- both are common side effects of accutane~
I did gamble a bit... I went ahead and bought our plane tickets for NYC a week ago even though I did not know if he was HAMA negative or not---If his test came back positive we would not have gone on Sunday but I am happy to say he is HAMA negative so we are leaving for NYC on Sunday... well, let me rephrase that.... HAPPY is not the best word !!! We are leaving for NYC and will continue on the treatment plan that we had planned on--- :)
It is the 3F8 antibody treatment and it will last Monday- Friday. I have to start giving him shots tomorrow as well as another medication to prepare him for Monday.
Grier went back to TK today -- he seemed to have a great time... the funny thing was that he said that he missed school yesterday... I honestly thought they had a teacher workday so I messed up!!! Oh well..... I am not used to the school routine either :)
That is it for now-- I am sure I will update before we head to the Big Apple for the first time in 2010~

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Before we started back to school I kept thinking it was sunday....for about 4 days!! Psyched you can keep on the plan. We'll miss him though!!!

Sally Brown said...

Amy,
I am thinking about all of you! Happy New Year and I am sure 2010 will bring Grier and your entire family lots of things to be thankful for. Please let us know if you need anything. Lots of hugs and prayers from our house to yours.

Sally (Pete, Molly and Banks Brown)

Christian Flohr said...

I think about and pray for Grier and your family on a regular basis. He is such an amazing boy. Thanks for sharing your journey. My absolute best to you and Grier. What a stud!

Christian Flohr

GO STEEL FAB!

GO STEEL FAB!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Grier's address in NYC

Grier Christenbury
Ronald McDonald House of New York

405 East 73rd Street

New York, NY 10021

Before 3F8

Before 3F8

After 3F8

After 3F8
30 minutes later

Free Money for Go Grier Go!.. just by shopping online!!

iGive.com

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC
www.cornellpediatrics.org-- Great hospital!

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street
just transporting-- not an emergency!

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor
Monday 10/29/07

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park
Thanks to everyone that helped!!!

On the way to NYC!

On the way to NYC!

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC
Playing with the doctors and nurses 10/19/07

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

HOPE IS GOOD!!

HOPE IS GOOD!!

Supersib- GRACE

Supersib- GRACE

SuperSib-- HAYES

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!
I am 3!

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Pat

Grier & Pat

Go Grier Go!

Go Grier Go!




Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's

Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's