Thursday, February 11, 2010

day four over!

The snow is not so bad--- probably the easiest thing we had to deal with all day-- :) NYC does a fantastic job removing it from the streets and sidewalks---- I was so amazed.... it was not a big deal at all--- I read in the Charlotte Observer (online) that Charlotte is supposed to get some on Friday night--- is that still true??? I am a little nervous about that--- I do not want to have to deal with flight changes and cancellations--- I think I will just assume the observer is wrong ( can you tell I am not a fan---) and hope the weather will hold out-  Please don't email me about my opinion on the CLT observer--- if you only knew how many times I have talked to people about doing a story during Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, and  other fundraisers etc--- and the lack of response I have gotten-- it is just wrong---

Before I go on anymore--- I do not have any results from the MIBG test-- it is driving me crazy-- Grier did really well staying still during his first time without anesthesia in the MIBG--- After he was set -up on the table I asked for the screen to face the wall-- I got a little laugh from one of our nurses.... but I told her I did not feel like pretending I was a radiologist this morning so please just put it somewhere I would not be tempted to look at it- The test was a little over an hour and it was very LONG--- Grier had some tears when the machine was scanning his head-- it gets very close-- he told me he thought it was going to "squish him"-- it moved slowly down his whole body -- so slow that you did not even notice it was moving--
We talked through the whole test about everything even President's Day-- even answered a text from his teacher... :) We had the movie  Alvin and the Chipmunks on but it was a little hard to see--- I guess it was ok not to have him sedated--- I really hate to see tears- but hopefully he will know what is to come next time-- I know the more we can do without anesthesia the easy it will be in the long run.

After the scan we went right up to 3F8---- it was another painful day--- The last two days his face has been all puffy.... so I had a feeling he was going to feel bad most of the afternoon--- and he did! He took a little nap... and woke up looking more like the chipmonks than Grier--- and was feeling nauseous -- that quickly turned into several bouts of vomitting--- He told me... "I can't go to FAO".  I knew he was feeling bad--  He felt a little better after taking some medicine but it is still touch and go- We ended up having dinner here at the house--- they were celebrating the Chinese New Year-- it was nice to get out of these 4 walls for a little-- but Grier can not handle the dining room when he feels bad because it is too loud -- so we headed back up to the room. Let me just say I have seen enough of icarly and spongebob to last my whole life-

He knows tomorrow is the last day--- and is already worrying about getting his port de-accessed.  He also has his bone marrow test tomorrow--- We have to be at the hospital at 7:30 again---- Hopefully it will be on-time so we can get this last round of 3F8 over--

one more shot to go before we have some time off--- actually it will be the longest we have been home in awhile--- not sure the exact date because I may change it because of Jeff's 40th birthday--- we will have to see--  I am hoping to get some time at home--- I am beginiing to feel like a visitor in my own house-  Grier must feel a little the same-- he is much more comfortable walking around the hospital by himself-- at home he will not go in any room by himself--- I did not really notice until he offered to go get me some cranberry juice and he went all by himself (twice)-- I heard him saying "hi" to the nurses as he went-- :)

alright... hope the news comes tomorrow because the waiting stinks---

ps-- we had a new person "clear Grier" for treatment today--- he cracked me up--- She asked what grade he was in ?? And looked at her and said I am not in a grade--- I am in TK- ! He usually does not answer too many questions unless he knows them.

No comments:

GO STEEL FAB!

GO STEEL FAB!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Grier's address in NYC

Grier Christenbury
Ronald McDonald House of New York

405 East 73rd Street

New York, NY 10021

Before 3F8

Before 3F8

After 3F8

After 3F8
30 minutes later

Free Money for Go Grier Go!.. just by shopping online!!

iGive.com

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC
www.cornellpediatrics.org-- Great hospital!

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street
just transporting-- not an emergency!

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor
Monday 10/29/07

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park
Thanks to everyone that helped!!!

On the way to NYC!

On the way to NYC!

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC
Playing with the doctors and nurses 10/19/07

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

HOPE IS GOOD!!

HOPE IS GOOD!!

Supersib- GRACE

Supersib- GRACE

SuperSib-- HAYES

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!
I am 3!

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Pat

Grier & Pat

Go Grier Go!

Go Grier Go!




Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's

Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's