Saturday, February 13, 2010

OK-- I admit I did not feel like describing our crazy Friday--- I was a little tired and really did not have anything nice to say-- Grier did great getting up EARLY again and we made it to the hospital by 7:45--- no problems again walking in the ice--- We waited for awhile in bed #6 until they came and got us for bone marrows--- Grier skipped his way back to the procedure room area--- and we waited for a little bit until they called his name... he and I walked in to the room he hopped up on the table and we said hi- to all in the room--- we know almost all the anesthesiologist so she asked how we had been etc.... nice huh? Kind of weird to know them-- we use a lot of propafal!  Dr. Kushner was in there getting ready--- Grier asked to push the medicine and she let him--- so he was happy.... I held his head and then left after his body went limp.... About 30 minutes later they brought groggy Grier out and put him in the stroller and off we went to the last day of 3F8---- Friday 3F8's are the best--- you know the week is over... Grier had lots of pain and when the pumped beeped to let us know the infusion was done he was not done screaming in pain and asking for hot and cold packs--- I love to hear the beep because it usually means he will sleep but this day was different-- who knows why???? We ended up going back to the Ronald later than a "usual Friday" and he went right back to sleep--- not a peaceful sleep -- he was puffy and had a dilaudid headache-- and also some nausea--  Being "room bound" again gave me time to get the laundry done so we could start thinking about packing-- I went to the computer room to print our boarding passes and found out they had no ink--- hmmmm?? I asked if someone could print them in their office and was told "no"--- seriously??? I was not asking to surf the internet.... so I went upstairs and looked for somewhere to go to print the tickets- no luck according to the staff-- I went to the lobby to ask if they would print them for me and she said to come back at 4-- it was 3:30-- I came back at 4-- and then someone was going to have to call me-- by that time I had enough of the run around-- I finished the laundry.... Later that night I walked to Brother Jimmy's for takeout--- and to Lenny's for Grier--- after dinner --Grier and I went to the playroom for an Olympic Party--- it was a wii night--- He was shy at first and did not want to play but later got in the mix--- actually won first place against 3 other kids and was very pumped--- "mom, one kid was like 16"-- The funny thing was he was acting so shy the volunteer told him she would help him-- little did she know... no help was needed on the wii :)

This morning started with a 4:15am wake-up call from USAir--- our 11:25 flight had been delayed-- I thought is was due to weather but after we listened to other flights depart to Charlotte I was wondering... it was mechanical--- and it kept getting pushed back all day--- Finally around 2:30 we took off--- they replaced the leaking fuel line--- whew...... I tried to get us on stand by but since it was a holiday weekend the flights were oversold--- and the gate agents must have had a hell of a week because they were rude--- I even said... tough week of delays, huh?  I also gave then our story.... and I ALMOST NEVER do that but it did not help--- that is why I never to do it -- because it makes me so mad--- I think they think I said he had a cold or something--

Bill picked us up in Charlotte and we headed home to Hayes and Grace and Maggie--- went to dinner and I am now ready for bed-- but no one else seems to be ready!! Really just want some quiet---- I actually hear icarly's theme song in the background---- Ugh!!!

I guess you are saying .... did she find out the results????? I do not have any more than I had the other day--- looks like I will be waiting for the "212 area code to come on the phone and make me want to get sick moment" sometime next week----

Happy Valentine's Day---- We are going to celebrate at Ben & Jerry's so save some Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough for our little hero--We are very thankful they are doing this fundraiser to support Cookies For Kids Cancer--- He has had a tough week but again amazed us with the way he handles it all--- he also is the best traveler--- I swear he is never in a bad mood--- I watched so many kids today at the airport having tantrum after tantrum and they were going on vacation!!!--- I thought about how lucky we are that he is so pleasant to be around..... even at the hospital-- :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you! Sorry to hear about your delays and problems w/ boarding passes, glad you guys are home and hope for a pleasant family time!!!

Netha and all.

We got snow!!!!!!

Ashley Pollock said...

I look at the pictures of that sweet little boy and I just want to scoop him up and give him a big kiss! Who are these insane people who are immune to his story and don't do everything they can to make it just a bit easier for him????

May the past week start to fade and you find some peace in your own bed and with your own computer lines!

GoGrierGoAmy.
xxoo.
Ashley.

GO STEEL FAB!

GO STEEL FAB!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Grier's address in NYC

Grier Christenbury
Ronald McDonald House of New York

405 East 73rd Street

New York, NY 10021

Before 3F8

Before 3F8

After 3F8

After 3F8
30 minutes later

Free Money for Go Grier Go!.. just by shopping online!!

iGive.com

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC
www.cornellpediatrics.org-- Great hospital!

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street
just transporting-- not an emergency!

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor
Monday 10/29/07

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park
Thanks to everyone that helped!!!

On the way to NYC!

On the way to NYC!

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC
Playing with the doctors and nurses 10/19/07

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

HOPE IS GOOD!!

HOPE IS GOOD!!

Supersib- GRACE

Supersib- GRACE

SuperSib-- HAYES

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!
I am 3!

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Pat

Grier & Pat

Go Grier Go!

Go Grier Go!




Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's

Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's