Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Winding Down~

The month is coming to an end.... and I am a little excited.... 30 days of fundraising has been fun... and distracting but I am ready to have a "do nothing" day---- hmmm??? DID I SAY THAT????  I am sure most  of you that are "friends" with me on Facebook are excited NOT to see the constant posts!  It is OK... I am a little tired of it too--- I just hate the fact that raising awareness and funds for children fighting cancer  is so hard and come down to voting and selling bake goods.... seriously... Aren't kids fighting the #1 disease killer of children worth more??  I am also excited to hear our 30 day total donation that will be give to Cookies For Kids Cancer---- anyone wish to guess how much we have raised???  I am glad people have enjoyed the month... I have heard they want to keep going into October.... and all I have to say is plan it---!
Lesa and I have to shift gears a little and concentrate on the BIG bake sale on Dec. 4th--- We have set our goal of $50,000--- and can't wait to get some "new cookies" on board to help us~   I would love to see companies sponsor the event --- BIG companies :)

Enough about raising money for the 40,000 children in treatment right now.... I know if you are reading this you want to know how Grier is doing.... Well, he finished chemo last Friday.  He is having the "normal Chemo Diarrhea" -- but it is not stopping him from going to high school football games... playing in his soccer game... and being a very active 6 year old--- he probably doesn't know what is is like to not feel the side effects.  He went to school today for the whole day... it had been awhile since he rode the bus home... I wish he could get in more a routine with going to school but I am reminded by the many caringbridge sites I read that he is lucky to just go at all-- so many kids do not feel as well as he does.   Yesterday was his check up at the clinic and he also had an echo cardiogram     --- the check up went fine... his counts are amazingly almost normal??  We also did his quarterly urine test... it looks for increased hormone markers that might would let us know that NB is present--- I am hoping it is normal-- and even had a bargaining moment with God as I collected the urine and turned it in--- a little more normal would be nice.... just a little.... I want to "buy more" time while some of these new treatments are tested... I know stage 4 NB ( x2 relapses!) has no cure.... I just want to treat it as chronic... not too much to ask, right???

Our NYC trip will be here before we know it--- We will leave next Tuesday on a Corporate Angel flight!!! Thank YOU to one of the banks for going to NYC and letting us ride with you :)  Grier asked me how we were getting there today and I said we were flying with a company and he said... "Uh OH... I got a really bad headache last time I flew with them and didn't feel well"--- He is right... I can not believe he remembers so much... but I assured him we would not fly backwards this time.... He will have to sit beside me-- not across from me!  I still have not booked a flight home but I am hoping to come home on Thursday night or Friday.... really I am gambling -- trying to wait it out and see if we can catch a ride home...  We both are looking forward to NYC a little--- it has been since May and I can't wait to walk around the city if we have some time off from the hospital  schedule....  I was asked today if I was anxious at all--- I guess I am .... I think I am always anxious -- certainly the RMDH and the hospital will increase those feelings because of the number of people we will see in treatment and having scans....

Tomorrow is Day 29--- Mr. K's is the good cookie of the day.... AND my daughter, Grace!!! She turns eleven tomorrow and I could not be more proud of her.... She was in the first grade and so young when this crazy life started for us... and I hope it makes her one tough cookie one day in whatever she wants to do---- either that or it will cost me big in counseling one day.... !! Let's hope it is the first option.... I can't wait to have lunch with her and bring her the awesome cupcake cookies that MacLean and friends baked for her....

This update was longer than I thought it was gonna be.... remember to VOTE on FB for the Jimmie Johnson $20,000 grant money and the Arms Wide Open Pepsi $250,000 grant money--- that is a lot of cups of lemonade....and we don't have to sell it :) If you don't have any idea what I am taking about --- see below

1) PLEASE VOTE for LESS TOXIC treatments for kids with Neuroblastoma.. follow link below-- and TEXT!!! 

http://www.refresheverything.c om/armswideopenchildhoodcancerfoundation

You can vote also vote by texting Pepsi (73774)...to "102653" once a day - we are allowed to both text vote and online vote every day - 







2)

Voting begins on Wednesday, September 8, 2010 at 3pm EDT and ends on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 at 5pm EDT.


                      PLEASE VOTE for Cookies for Kids Cancer!!!!!!!!                                                                

No comments:

GO STEEL FAB!

GO STEEL FAB!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Grier's address in NYC

Grier Christenbury
Ronald McDonald House of New York

405 East 73rd Street

New York, NY 10021

Before 3F8

Before 3F8

After 3F8

After 3F8
30 minutes later

Free Money for Go Grier Go!.. just by shopping online!!

iGive.com

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC
www.cornellpediatrics.org-- Great hospital!

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street
just transporting-- not an emergency!

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor
Monday 10/29/07

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park
Thanks to everyone that helped!!!

On the way to NYC!

On the way to NYC!

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC
Playing with the doctors and nurses 10/19/07

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

HOPE IS GOOD!!

HOPE IS GOOD!!

Supersib- GRACE

Supersib- GRACE

SuperSib-- HAYES

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!
I am 3!

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Pat

Grier & Pat

Go Grier Go!

Go Grier Go!




Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's

Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's