Wednesday, October 13, 2010

some good news...

After a little over a year of straight treatment.... including 5 weeks of chemo just since Mid-May for relapse #2--- I just got this email.....


"Tests show no evidence of disease, our group is discussing what next.  One consideration is vaccine"


What does it all mean??? 
It means that we are not anywhere close to being "comfortable" with this---" no evidence of disease" means that the microscopic disease is hard to detect...  Neuroblastoma likes to come back... and we have to find something to keep it away for good... But we are thrilled with the news.... I am exhaling a little more... and Grier is "just Grier"-  Hopefully his immune system is strong enough to try the vaccine.... but for now... he keeps going to school and playing and we keep looking for the needle in the haystack.....


Thanks for continuing on this crazy "ride" with us---











4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you got that good news. Hope you can enjoy the fall now, that Grier's immune system is strong enough, and that the vaccine works. But whatever, we are praying for you.

Alice Arwood

Anonymous said...

I write this through tears of joy. I am so happy for you. Thanks you for continuing to share the news with all of us. I may retire my bracelet again. I love it but may I take it off since Grier is doing so great. In recent months it has traveled with me to the Grand Canyon and to Italy as I thought of Grier and prayed for him each day, even as we visited cathedrals all over Italy. Let me know how I can help you on cookie day. I can loan you my tent again if that will help. Nancy Williams

Debbie Crutchfield said...

Hallelujah!! I am so happy to hear this good news! Can't wait to give Grier an extra hug tomorrow!

Unknown said...

Music to our ears! So glad for you and the family! Our fingers and toes are crossed for the vaccination.:-) You are an AWESOME mom, friend, daughter and advocate for pediatric cancer! I'm so proud to know you and your family and I couldn't be happier for you all! I know you're cautiously optimistic, but enjoy the moments of easy breathing.:-)Have fun in Daytona...bikers and all!:-)

GO STEEL FAB!

GO STEEL FAB!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Grier's address in NYC

Grier Christenbury
Ronald McDonald House of New York

405 East 73rd Street

New York, NY 10021

Before 3F8

Before 3F8

After 3F8

After 3F8
30 minutes later

Free Money for Go Grier Go!.. just by shopping online!!

iGive.com

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC
www.cornellpediatrics.org-- Great hospital!

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street
just transporting-- not an emergency!

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor
Monday 10/29/07

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park
Thanks to everyone that helped!!!

On the way to NYC!

On the way to NYC!

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC
Playing with the doctors and nurses 10/19/07

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

HOPE IS GOOD!!

HOPE IS GOOD!!

Supersib- GRACE

Supersib- GRACE

SuperSib-- HAYES

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!
I am 3!

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Pat

Grier & Pat

Go Grier Go!

Go Grier Go!




Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's

Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's