Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A week in pictures...

Since I am too tired --- I am afraid I would not make much sense as I tried to write an update.... so the next best thing is pictures..... so I am posting our week in pictures..... I can not believe I did not take any pictures while we were in the Museum... well... yes, I can... we were looking for Liam and Ella and the exhibits we were trying to see were closed so it was a crazy visit :) There is a whole day of pictures missing.... but you will get the point..... also they were in order but now they are all mixed up--- just read the captions~  We landed in Charlotte at 12:30 on Friday--- it felt like we had a full day by the time we got off the plane.... packing, cleaning, and hailing a cab to LGA!!! There was no time for a "gentle re-entry" -- I hit the ground running back into my routine.... and so did Grier--- We all went to the MP football game and by the time we got home our beds were calling our names!!! Saturday morning I got up early and went to Greenville, SC with Lesa to "experience" a HUGE bake sale--- and to sell some T's and bottle cap necklaces.  We had a great time and even though I was too tired I am so glad I went.  I was able to see some friends we usually see in NYC-- and I met some other families that are fighting the same battle as we are and two very brave families that fought the same battle and lost their children.

I have not heard from NYC since we left the clinic on Thursday.... I hope to hear something sometime this week.  Grier did an extra blood test to see if his immune system is ready to do it's job--- if he is NED then he will most likely be on the vaccine trial.  We need his immune system to be healthy enough so we are waiting on a test to let us know.  

That is it--- I will update as soon as I can.... all in all NYC was uneventful.... Grier did an amazing job handling these tests and I just tried to "breathe" for the few days we were in the city.... I am still trying to do that... and I think I have learned that will always be the case... so I better get used to it--- 

PLEASE save the date for Saturday, December 4th--- Charlotte's BAKE SALE will be BACK--- and this year we have set the goal HIGHER than ever---- more to come soon.... 




Over $11,000 was raised in Greenville, SC for pediatric kids cancer--- 
Laura Black and a cute little "cupcake"
Laura was the organizer of this fantastic bake sale--- Laura was inspired to do"something" after reading a blog post on GGG---  
more bake sale photos
Greenville, SC Cookies for Kids Cancer Bake Sale-- saturday
Bye-Bye NYC-- see ya real soon!
Grier's new favorite game in the playroom at the Ronald--- 
A trip to Dylan's Candy bar---- we always try to hit this spot--- our tradition!
A picture in front of the Apple store.... 
A trip to FAO to get "something" for being so good during all the scans aka "pictures"
hanging out in the IV room with his buddy, Liam-- 
Part 2 of the MIBG-- spec scan... laying still after bone marrows--
Still a little groggy after anesthesia--- "blowing" powder sugar at Dunkin Doughnuts
staying "still as a statue" for 45 minutes
"snug as a bug" in the scanner!
waiting for the MIBG @ 8:00am


A little BINGO + an eye roll at my camera--- he did not win this time~

Waiting for our plane at the hanger-- doing  little homework with Dad before we have to say good-bye and head to NJ


Being treated like a "king" corporate angels is a great organization... Thanks to the companies that donate empty seats on their flights

A quick nap before we land in Teterboro, NJ



Grier's first request after we landed and made a trip to the hospital for our bag of supplies for the week-

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Grier's really looking like an "elementary school" student and much less like a little boy. Glad you are back home. Fingers crossed for a good phone call from NYC.

Anonymous said...

Great photos and of course I loved the Clemson shirt. You all continue in my thoughts and prayers every day. I am also hoping all the news continues to be good. Nancy Williams

Ashley Pollock said...

Thank you for the update -- I know this waiting around for answers and tests to start on time is just the pits but the pictures and details are such a gift for those of us on the sidelines. I truly do not know how you find the energy to feed the rest of us.

I am hoping your next post is from a secluded island where all the Christenburys are waited on hand and foot while they sip cool drinks and enjoy peace and quiet and time together.

xoxo.
Ashley.

GO STEEL FAB!

GO STEEL FAB!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Grier's address in NYC

Grier Christenbury
Ronald McDonald House of New York

405 East 73rd Street

New York, NY 10021

Before 3F8

Before 3F8

After 3F8

After 3F8
30 minutes later

Free Money for Go Grier Go!.. just by shopping online!!

iGive.com

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC
www.cornellpediatrics.org-- Great hospital!

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street
just transporting-- not an emergency!

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor
Monday 10/29/07

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park
Thanks to everyone that helped!!!

On the way to NYC!

On the way to NYC!

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC
Playing with the doctors and nurses 10/19/07

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

HOPE IS GOOD!!

HOPE IS GOOD!!

Supersib- GRACE

Supersib- GRACE

SuperSib-- HAYES

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!
I am 3!

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Pat

Grier & Pat

Go Grier Go!

Go Grier Go!




Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's

Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's