Sunday, March 2, 2008

We are doing OK!

I just wanted to write a quick update to let Grier's team know that he is doing well-- We finished the first cycle of Accutane today-- He made it through with some skin issues and a few tantrums!! But I will take that any day if we can stay home for 14 days straight! We did go to the clinic last Thursday for another blood test-- we had to FedEx the vial to NY so they would get it in time to run the HAMA test-- Hopefully he will be fine to continue with 3F8-- we will know by Tuesday night-

This week we will begin shots on Wednesday to prepare for 3F8-- cycle 3--- We need to be in NYC by Sunday the 9th-- And we expect to be there for a week for 3F8 only! It is hard to believe how fast this time at home has gone--

I also have a few Thank Yous--- Thanks to Nancy and Ralph for sharing their house-- I was able to rest and relax with friends for the first time in a year! It is amazing what the beach can do to your attitude--! Thanks to my friends for allowing me to relax in my favorite spot and letting me set the pace this weekend! Also-- thanks for the dinners that are still coming to my house-- And THANKS to everyone who has jumped on board with the Go Grier Go magnets ( especially the stores that have allowed us to use them as a pick-up location!)-- I have seen them as I am driving and I look forward to seeing more and more-- Hopefully people will become aware of neuroblastoma when they see the magnet !

I will update by Tuesday to let everyone know the results of the HAMA test--

If you would like a magnet--- please see earlier posts-- lots of stores are helping us sell them!

5 comments:

Mary Ellen Paine said...

So happy to hear you got some well deserved rest and relaxation. Glad to hear you are having some quiet family time. Our prayers are always with you. Let me know if I can do anything to help out.
Lots of love,
Mary Ellen

Anonymous said...

Amy,
Always thinking about you, Grier and your family. So happy to hear you had some time away! Hope the test goes well so the next round of 3F8 can take place...one step at a time!
Much love,
Martha M.

Anonymous said...

Amy,

It was so good to see all of you at Covenant and remember how horrible our basketball team was when we played. Know that you are always in our thoughts and prayers. And that even though you are always smiling and laughing it is hard to live this life right now. I know you and your whole family are some of the strongest I have ever known. Glad your birthday was good. I laughed reading about you eating bagels b/c I'm now addicted thanks to you. Hope March is a great month and I'll try to catch up with you again the next time I'm in Charlotte. Maybe Good Friday we could get the kids to "play" so we can chat. Nicole McLean

Anonymous said...

Sooo happy that you got away for a couple days -- hope the pace you set was super SLOW!! Your year has been in fast forward so some time at the beach was just perfect for slowing down.

Hope tomorrow brings the news that all is go for the next round of 3f8and glad the accutane & tantrums are done for 14 days -- can you believe that you were actually home for 14 days???? How wonderful!!

Love the magnets -- people at church and school are getting them, so you should see more around town.

Hope Grier got some baseball in this weekend during the warm days!

Love and prayers always,

Betty G

Anonymous said...

Amy,
So very glad to know that you've not only enjoyed time at home on Jameston, but also at the beach as well. There's nothing like the rumble of the ocean, sand between your toes and minimal chores to set your mind and body at ease.

Hopeful that things continue to go well this week and planning to get back to NYC...flights, preparations here, preparations there. As always, please let me know if I can do anything. I know you won't call, unless it's microwave related; however, I feel good about putting the offer out there. I'm ready if you decide to utilize me. Shopping would be best my best venue...I'm sure you know that already.

Here's to a few more nights of soft pillows, warm hugs from Hayes & Grace, and the comforts of home. Oh how good it will be to return in one week. We'll be praying that all goes according to plan. Sure hope Grier has been enjoying the weather and putting a bat and ball to good use! I'm sure he has. Dont' forget to pack the "Nerf" set for the Ronald!

Tons of love to you all...
Dina

GO STEEL FAB!

GO STEEL FAB!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Grier's address in NYC

Grier Christenbury
Ronald McDonald House of New York

405 East 73rd Street

New York, NY 10021

Before 3F8

Before 3F8

After 3F8

After 3F8
30 minutes later

Free Money for Go Grier Go!.. just by shopping online!!

iGive.com

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC
www.cornellpediatrics.org-- Great hospital!

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street
just transporting-- not an emergency!

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor
Monday 10/29/07

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park
Thanks to everyone that helped!!!

On the way to NYC!

On the way to NYC!

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC
Playing with the doctors and nurses 10/19/07

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

HOPE IS GOOD!!

HOPE IS GOOD!!

Supersib- GRACE

Supersib- GRACE

SuperSib-- HAYES

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!
I am 3!

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Pat

Grier & Pat

Go Grier Go!

Go Grier Go!




Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's

Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's