Friday, March 14, 2008

We are still living our new "Normal"


I can not believe it has been TEN days since the last time I updated this blog!!! We have had a very normal past ten days at home with a few breaks for me--- the beach and a wonderful visit with a friend and her family- I was lucky enough to be there when she had her second baby-- Some days I look at Grier and forget that he has NB-- it is easy to do these days since treatment has stopped for awhile-- I am thankful for these days-- but hope that his HAMA goes away so we can get 2 more rounds of 3F8 -- A total of 4 has better odds so that would be great-

Grier is doing well-- the 14 days off of accutane have been great... he will start that again on Monday--- so we will once again deal with mood swings and DRY skin!!!!!-- We did find out that we will be in NYC April 1-3 for scans-- As you all can imagine, scan times make us nervous but it something we have to do-

The most exciting news today was that Grier made a visit to preschool--- he went and played on the playground with Mrs. Leary's class at First Pres! He was VERY timid at first but warmed up quickly to all 3 teachers!!! He later warmed up to some of the kids on the playground-- By the end of the visit he had let go of my finger and was sliding down the slide... and driving a truck-- It made my day to see this happen-- He told the teachers he wanted to come back and play so I plan to do that as time allows- It is my hope that we ease back into school before the end of the year-- obviously waiting for results of the April scan before we make the full transition-

8 comments:

Mary Ellen Paine said...

I was so happy to hear you both made it to school today. I am sorry I missed you,guess I will have to keep hitting brueggers. Hopefully on your next visit to school I will see you.
Glad to hear you have had some normal time. Even without the blog not a day goes by that I do not say my prayers and think of you. I am sending positive thoughts for April 1-3.
Remember I am here for anything you may need.
As always in my heart,
Mary Ellen

Anonymous said...

Amy,
I'm glad you've had some time off from blogging, but it surely was nice to hear from you today. I'm sad that I missed seeing you and Grier on the playground today, but SO glad to hear that ya'll were there. Always thinking of you and praying for Grier. You'll be in our thoughts "double time" on April 1-3. Much love,
Martha M.

Anonymous said...

Amy and Jeff,

Normalcy is such a gift right now. Staying at the beach, hearing the sound of the surf coming in and smelling/tasting the salty air can be healing. I continue to wear the bracelet and folks ask me how Grier is doing. It reminds me to pray for all of you throughout my day. You are ever present in my mind and I am sending you lots of hugs!

Yours,
Fielding and Rusty

Anonymous said...

Sooo glad to hear that you are leading a rather normal life (if it will ever be again!!) and Grier got to go to school! Loved the picture of him with his backpack on -- he looks great!! I think of you all every day with my bracelet and my magnet and see Hayes in the hall almost every day!!! He and Campbell are always "on their way to get equipment!!"

Know today was an inside day, but hope it was relaxing and Hayes got to watch the Heels -- just squeaked by! Lots of people are getting magnets so you should be seeing them on cars in carpool. I saw one on Forest Park just last night!

Know that you are always in my thoughts and prayers -- I check the blog daily and know that things are normal when you don't have an entry. Hope to not hear from you for another while!

Love and prayers to the whole family,

Betty G

Anonymous said...

Amy,
I was at the WDS Friday for conferences (Aubrey was with me--out of school) and we THOUGHT we saw your car in the parking lot. . . We wondered if Grier just might be at First Pres!!!! This is such great news. So glad things are good right now.
We'll be standing by for Apr 1-3. Hope the whole family has a nice Easter --Susan John and boys

Nancy B. said...

I am thrilled to read about time spent on the playground and in doing other normal things. Love Grier's new photo. He just looks great, and it makes me happy to see him.
I am just one of many in your church family who care about you and pray often for the well-being of Grier and everyone in his wonderful family.
I am proud to have a Grier magnet on my desk in the newsroom of The Charlotte Observer and on my car.
Have a blessed week.

Anonymous said...

Hooray for normal time! I'm so glad you have been able to do well-people things!

Hugs to you all!

Alice Arwood

Nancy B. said...

The pictures are absolutely delightful. It makes me happy to see Grier looking so well, happy and engaged/ Here's to smiles and lots of good playtime.
Thanks a million for sharing.
Nancy

GO STEEL FAB!

GO STEEL FAB!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Grier's address in NYC

Grier Christenbury
Ronald McDonald House of New York

405 East 73rd Street

New York, NY 10021

Before 3F8

Before 3F8

After 3F8

After 3F8
30 minutes later

Free Money for Go Grier Go!.. just by shopping online!!

iGive.com

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC
www.cornellpediatrics.org-- Great hospital!

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street
just transporting-- not an emergency!

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor
Monday 10/29/07

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park
Thanks to everyone that helped!!!

On the way to NYC!

On the way to NYC!

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC
Playing with the doctors and nurses 10/19/07

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

HOPE IS GOOD!!

HOPE IS GOOD!!

Supersib- GRACE

Supersib- GRACE

SuperSib-- HAYES

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!
I am 3!

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Pat

Grier & Pat

Go Grier Go!

Go Grier Go!




Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's

Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's