Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Bake Sale update and a little Beethoven!!



More free Beethoven ringtones



Bake Sale update---

Well-- I put the word out that we are having a bake sale for Cookies for Kids Cancer and I have had tons of offers to help bake--- not sure if it because everyone that knows me knows that I do not cook much or they just want to help!!! I am going to assume they just want to help!

As of now, we have some cookies being donated from Great Harvest Bread Co. ( I think they are the best cookies in Charlotte!!)... I also know we have some banana bread, brownies, lemon bars, and lots of cookies coming--

IF you want to help--- please just bring your items to my house on Friday or Saturday -- I will have a box on my front porch. Here are some ideas that would be great-- cupcakes.. rice krispy treats... a cake.. and bottled water-- I do not need to know what you are bringing so if you have time just drop it by my house- I have clear bags to put things in as well as a cute sticker with the logo on it-

IF you want to ask your favorite bakery to donate something then please do-- I know we are waiting on an answer from Polka Dots (cupcake shop) and The Bread Basket has already been asked --they said NO-- but you may know of another source -- Go for it! Remind them it is for a great cause-- HT might do it at each store level-

I think we will start around 4pm on Saturday--- I will decide later as soon as I figure out the other schedules in my house--

Grier is continuing to do very well-- He makes us laugh-- Today, he got in the car at carpool and said he went to music.. I asked what song he sang and he said "Beethoven"-- I asked him to sing it and he hummed Beethoven's 5th-- And now our whole house is humming it and we have listened to it over and over in my car- He loves to tell me what part is going to get louder-- ( That is why the music is on here)

He did bring me back to reality this afternoon when he asked if we could take our dog to New York with us? I said no-- and he said he was ready to go again-- I asked him why he wanted to go so badly and he told me he liked to push the "white medicine"--- NICE-- he is looking forward to anesthesia! October will be here before we know it -

I will update before Friday to let you know the details of the bake sale-- Remember if you want to help-- don't ask me -just do it!! I hope this has helped with knowing what the needs are-


No comments:

GO STEEL FAB!

GO STEEL FAB!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Grier's address in NYC

Grier Christenbury
Ronald McDonald House of New York

405 East 73rd Street

New York, NY 10021

Before 3F8

Before 3F8

After 3F8

After 3F8
30 minutes later

Free Money for Go Grier Go!.. just by shopping online!!

iGive.com

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC
www.cornellpediatrics.org-- Great hospital!

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street
just transporting-- not an emergency!

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor
Monday 10/29/07

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park
Thanks to everyone that helped!!!

On the way to NYC!

On the way to NYC!

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC
Playing with the doctors and nurses 10/19/07

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

HOPE IS GOOD!!

HOPE IS GOOD!!

Supersib- GRACE

Supersib- GRACE

SuperSib-- HAYES

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!
I am 3!

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Pat

Grier & Pat

Go Grier Go!

Go Grier Go!




Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's

Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's