Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Super Tuesday, Fat Tuesday, Giants Parade...

Today was the same as the past days--- I will spare the time details with you-- They were the same! Grier did well during both treatments-- and took a nap today after the 2nd one @ 1:30--

We watched the NY Giants Parade on TV-- thought about going but could not see how we would get back to the hospital in time!! Grier and my mom had their own parade for Mardi Gras in the room-- throwing beads to each other--- And we have been stopped by every one campaigning for their candidate while we were walking all day today!

We finished the day with checking the mail!!! Thanks to everyone-- I would love to write everyone a thank you but I no I can not do that right now-- So... I will write in this blog as a thank you to you all!! We also went to dinner-- at Southern Hospitality ( Justin Timberlake's resturant??)--- Grier wanted corn on the cob-- so I looked at menus and thought this would be the place-- well... we got there and they have a new menu and took it off and added creamed corn--- HE loved it-- He shared with my mom and I and kept saying "This is a great dinner!" So, we were so glad he had a good dinner--

We are done with 9--- and have 5 more to go!! I guess we will find out tomorrow when he will have surgery to put the new port in-- We also start shots tomorrow AGAIN!!! The only good thing is that he will get them under anesthesia by the nurse for the next 3 days! Then I will take over on Saturday-- Today marks one week here-- It has been a long week-- I hope the next few weeks go by faster!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

And the creamed corn that comes in a can off the shelf at Harris Teeter is yummy too, so maybe you'll have a new, easy favorite when you get home.
Glad that the procedures and treatments are getting crossed off one by one ... while you still continue to focus on the good things in Grier's days.
We saw Jeff, Hayes and Grace at practice tonight. Hayes played hard and Grace shot baskets for pretty much the entire hour, she's getting a nice rainbow arc on her shot. And it was nice to chat with Jeff about baseball. Grier is such good luck for those NY teams I hope he doesn't shift focus to the Yankees, (but even That would be all right with me if it came from Grier).

Michele

Anonymous said...

Amy,

Glad to hear things are moving along. Thank goodness Grier's requests are easy ones and he is the king of adapting.

We continue to pray for you all through this amazing journey. The days are getting closer to getting home!! Hopefully the sleeping is going better. Getting a decent nights rest always makes it a little easier to handle everything. We ae hoping for a smooth day today.

Love,
Stephanie G.

Mary Ellen Paine said...

I am happy to hear that you are at least eating well. Happy to know that you have so many behind you.
We think of you always and hope that soon you will be home for a while.
I am sure it is cold in the city. It is dreary here but very mild. It makes me want summer to get here fast.
Try to get some rest.
Lots of love,
The Paine's

Mary Ellen Paine said...

Oh I forgot something. I need to get a few more bracelets. I did not know who I could contact. If you think of it would you let me know.
Thank you.
Love,Mary Ellen

Anonymous said...

I need a new bracelet too, so I'll talk to Mary Ellen! I saw her right after I sadly discovered that I had lost mine. She made me do a funny dance/prayer right in front of Bruegger's and told me I would find it after that, but I didn't.

Glad creamed corn was a hit! Sounds like he is eating plenty -- in fact, glad he is so focused on food. I can imagine the crowds out to watch the Giants parade -- good idea to opt out if it was going to make you late at the hospital. I'm sure you got a better view on TV.

If you can't be in New Orleans for Mardi Gras, celbrate at the Ronald, right??? So glad Maggie is there both for you and Grier -- she makes even the Ronald fun! Give her my love.

Hope you'll sleep well tonight -- is the 5:33 AM noise still happening and did you find out what it is?

Love and prayers always,

Betty G

GO STEEL FAB!

GO STEEL FAB!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Grier's address in NYC

Grier Christenbury
Ronald McDonald House of New York

405 East 73rd Street

New York, NY 10021

Before 3F8

Before 3F8

After 3F8

After 3F8
30 minutes later

Free Money for Go Grier Go!.. just by shopping online!!

iGive.com

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC
www.cornellpediatrics.org-- Great hospital!

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street
just transporting-- not an emergency!

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor
Monday 10/29/07

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park
Thanks to everyone that helped!!!

On the way to NYC!

On the way to NYC!

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC
Playing with the doctors and nurses 10/19/07

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

HOPE IS GOOD!!

HOPE IS GOOD!!

Supersib- GRACE

Supersib- GRACE

SuperSib-- HAYES

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!
I am 3!

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Pat

Grier & Pat

Go Grier Go!

Go Grier Go!




Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's

Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's