Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wednesday........ 3 days down.... and the side effects started today :(

Grier woke up this morning at 10 am--- not surprised since He was up late last night.  We headed to the clinic a little later than I wanted to and he was not hungry.... maybe that should have been my 1st clue.... but I brought some things for him to eat at the clinic... and he drank a drink on the way.

The infusion went fine.... he colored a ton of logos and had all the nurses and child life chatting..... He told them he went fishing last night and they asked if he caught a fish??? He said... NO, but I caught a frog... :)
The chemo finished and he was ready to go.... he called Hayes to see if he wanted lunch from Chick -Fil-A at the hospital -- sweet Grier always thinking about Hayes.... so we took the elevator downstairs and ordered Hayes lunch.... Grier did not want anything (clue #2)-- As we were headed out of the chick-fil-a he started to throw up-- so I dropped everything to grab a napkin...??? I needed our pink bucket!-- the napkin did not work well so I picked him up and held him over the trash can as he violently hurled.... it seemed like it was forever but I am sure it wasn't--- after he finished I got him cleaned up-- and me :) and we headed back upstairs to pick up the rest of the chemo pills they owed us-- and then headed to the car--  Grier was fine after the episode -- I was a little pissed that no one offered to help as I held Grier over a trash can-- but I got plenty of the smile/smirk's as I held him....

He seemed a little better when we got home.... I gave him a quick sponge bath since he is still has his needle in his chest... and changed his clothes... and gave him another anti-nausea med-- He needed to take his chemo pills but I opted to wait just in case he was still feeling bad.....

MacLean came to watch the boys while I met Lesa and Robbie for lunch.... I have a whole blog to write about the new GGG bottle cap necklaces that were made for GGG and CFKC... another time... I want to get all the details right...

that is it--- I am hoping for an early bedtime.....

Tomorrow I know I will have the pink bucket with us as we go to clinic--- Live and Learn...

pictures are taken in the "confusion room"--- it is really the INFUSION room.... just a pod of chairs where the kids sit in GIANT chairs to get IV medicine and blood products-

No comments:

GO STEEL FAB!

GO STEEL FAB!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Grier's address in NYC

Grier Christenbury
Ronald McDonald House of New York

405 East 73rd Street

New York, NY 10021

Before 3F8

Before 3F8

After 3F8

After 3F8
30 minutes later

Free Money for Go Grier Go!.. just by shopping online!!

iGive.com

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC
www.cornellpediatrics.org-- Great hospital!

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street
just transporting-- not an emergency!

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor
Monday 10/29/07

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park
Thanks to everyone that helped!!!

On the way to NYC!

On the way to NYC!

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC
Playing with the doctors and nurses 10/19/07

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

HOPE IS GOOD!!

HOPE IS GOOD!!

Supersib- GRACE

Supersib- GRACE

SuperSib-- HAYES

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!
I am 3!

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Pat

Grier & Pat

Go Grier Go!

Go Grier Go!




Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's

Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's