Monday, April 11, 2011

Today was one of those days I do not want to repeat but it seems that this is the 4th time.... This morning Grier woke up with hair all over his pillow and sheets.... He did not notice much and I was not making a big deal about it. As he was playing it kept falling everywhere... Luckily we had given him a buzz before chemo so it was not as much of a nuisance as it has been in the past with his long curls! He finally asked " is there a bald spot on the back of my head?"--- then we had the discussion that we have had more then once... A little different each time because he has been a little older each time. He announced he did not want to be bald AGAIN-- and in typical fashion I said.. I know but You know your hair always comes
back.. and he said yeah.. In like 2 years!!! He then informed me he was not going to school bald! I told him he could wear a hat all day and he seemed OK with it.. But mentioned several times today that the was not going to school BALD! During the day his hair was pulled out by Grier!!!!! Actually not my
favorite thing to see... I also got the lint brush out and rolled his head and shirt all day to help with the itchiness ... There were no tears like last year.. but he is very aware of his baldness... I left for a little bit to watch Hayes play baseball and to get Grace to soccer and when I came back he was almost completely without hair!

I had hoped we would have gotten the green light to get out of here today... But after getting the lab results back .. It was a no go! He still have no signs of count recovery! He also has a molar coming in and it is painful and inflamed .. Which is not a good mix with no immune system and low platelets.. So that was part of the reason to stay too.... I am hoping we can go home by Wednesday. Hard to believe we got here last Wednesday!

We were lucky to have some visitors today... IT has been helpful breaking up this long day... Except for the dietician who pissed me off as soon as she opened her mouth.. It might have been good idea to get his history before she asked me if he eats anything besides chicken nuggets? I said... Yes, a lot of things.. Actually he eats really well when he feels good.. And she said A YEAR AGO she remembered he only ate chicken nuggets and she was looking at his height and weight and his height is below normal... I said, well.. Do you think it could be the last 4 Years of chemo, and radiation...? I really wanted to say a lot more but young ears were in the room . Needless to say after I gave her the low down on his food likes she left said everything seemed fine..
Hopefully we will have some signs of neutriphills tomorrow... He is doing really well being patient and just going with the flow... I am about to go crazy... I hate looking out the window and watching the world doing normal stuff as we are stuck here in a room.

No comments:

GO STEEL FAB!

GO STEEL FAB!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Grier's address in NYC

Grier Christenbury
Ronald McDonald House of New York

405 East 73rd Street

New York, NY 10021

Before 3F8

Before 3F8

After 3F8

After 3F8
30 minutes later

Free Money for Go Grier Go!.. just by shopping online!!

iGive.com

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC
www.cornellpediatrics.org-- Great hospital!

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street
just transporting-- not an emergency!

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor
Monday 10/29/07

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park
Thanks to everyone that helped!!!

On the way to NYC!

On the way to NYC!

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC
Playing with the doctors and nurses 10/19/07

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

HOPE IS GOOD!!

HOPE IS GOOD!!

Supersib- GRACE

Supersib- GRACE

SuperSib-- HAYES

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!
I am 3!

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Pat

Grier & Pat

Go Grier Go!

Go Grier Go!




Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's

Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's