Thursday, October 8, 2009

Another Day at the Clinic!





Yesterday we went to the clinic and had Grier blood count checked--- he was OK but his platelets were low--- we could tell this before the lab said so because it took some pressure to get the port to stop bleeding.
Grier and I left and have been hanging out at home-- he is so funny... He asks if his counts are still low everyday... and I finally asked why he was wondering and he said because I want to go somewhere!! He also has been watching lots of TV and commercials and his want list is growing by the second-- I told him he needed to get a job for all those things he wanted and he told me he couldn't because his counts were low and he can't go anywhere!!! hmmm.. I said this was a whole new experience with a 5 year old!!!

We are on our 3rd night of giving the shot he needs at home-- last night we had a little issue of getting it to stop bleeding because of the low platelets and we always have the issue of the high pitched screaming that makes me a little more nervous than I already am--- Hopefully, tonight will be the last night for a little bit until next round-

Last night was a little crazy. Hayes came home early from his baseball game not feeling well-- I knew it was going to happen sooner or later but I was hoping we were going to escape the "stuff" going around--- He ended up staying home today because he does not feel well-- and has flu-like symptoms except for a fever--- so we are doing our best to keep everyone separated--

enjoy the pictures-- they were taken today at clinic while Grier was getting a transfusion of platelets-- He worked really hard painting a witch--- He is very into Halloween decorations and has been begging me to get ours out of the attic-- I am slowly getting there !!! I will work on that this weekend because it will be here before we know it--- The picture of him without the hat was taken because he looked at me and said-- I think I want to take my hat off--- I said OK-- and he said but what about this???(He was pointing to his bald head)-- So... I decided to take the picture of him and show him it is still Grier--- and he said that he looks like Hayes-- !!

Thanks for checking in-
Amy



4 comments:

Nancy said...

Great photos...great witch picture...you all are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. Love, Nancy Williams

Anonymous said...

Loved the photos! That sweet smile never changes. I hope Hayes is feeling better. Thumbs up to you all!!!

Stephanie G.

Anonymous said...

I subbed in Grier's class last week & heard the children talking about Grier & telling Mrs.Moore what they were doing for him. We are only in our 2nd year @ WDS so I didn't know who Grier was. Mrs.Moore told me about your site. So here I am reading all about you. You will be in our prayers tonight & every night.Loved hearing about Charleston since I'm from there.
All our best, The Kinlaws
Shannon,Murray, Jewel & Carlyle

Anonymous said...

Thinking of all of you. Reading the blog and enjoying the music.
Would love to be able to come and do the walk. I will talk to Janet about how we can help/donate!
much love, dee and john braswell

GO STEEL FAB!

GO STEEL FAB!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Grier's address in NYC

Grier Christenbury
Ronald McDonald House of New York

405 East 73rd Street

New York, NY 10021

Before 3F8

Before 3F8

After 3F8

After 3F8
30 minutes later

Free Money for Go Grier Go!.. just by shopping online!!

iGive.com

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC
www.cornellpediatrics.org-- Great hospital!

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street
just transporting-- not an emergency!

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor
Monday 10/29/07

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park
Thanks to everyone that helped!!!

On the way to NYC!

On the way to NYC!

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC
Playing with the doctors and nurses 10/19/07

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

HOPE IS GOOD!!

HOPE IS GOOD!!

Supersib- GRACE

Supersib- GRACE

SuperSib-- HAYES

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!
I am 3!

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Pat

Grier & Pat

Go Grier Go!

Go Grier Go!




Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's

Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's