Thursday, October 1, 2009

Uggh- I am not sure where the stamina I had 2 years ago is now!!! I am tired ... I know Grier is over this and the rest of my house--- Going to doctors appointments has become the plan of the day-- and Grier and I are done with it all!  I have barely had a conversation with Jeff in weeks--- seems texting is the new way to talk-- he is going one way and I am trying to manage what I used to do plus adding the medical director title-- We went to the clinic yesterday and counts were holding their own-- Grier even announced that he did not need blood when we got home-- clearly... not a normal response to how was your day!!  He played wii--- and then the BIG "D" hit again last night--- he woke up this morning and felt warm so we were on fever watch all day--- around 3pm he spike to the magic point the call had to be made to the clinic--- And they said to come on over so he could be admitted--
This is where is gets a little comical--- The clinic parking is not close to LCH--- go figure since I can place a bet they have the most admissions on a daily basis-- but that does not matter-- I chose to park where I know we will end up and that is LCH--- so it is a longer walk at first but when I am trying to go home quickly it is shorter--- I have Grier... in his "man cave" aka the stroller... and our bag--- we do what we always do walk into CMC to go over the crosswalk to get to the clinic---- oops--- not today.... we were accosted by the under 18 police and told by her we could not go into the hospital--- I tried to explain and tell them he had a fever-- we are on our way to the oncology clinic but NO was the answer!  I really do not have the energy to fight assclowns so I just thought we would walk through LCH--  And they told me we could not walk to the clinic because he is under 18--- NOW....again... I said he has a fever trying to get to the clinic to be admitted--- and she said you are going to have to walk up the hill outside---- because he is  not a patient yet... uhhh... I said maybe not at the minute but we are frequent flyers-- and she pointed to the outside--- I swear.. people are going nuts about the flu-- forget about the kids who have cancer!  
We made it to clinic--- and I do not care about the hike up the hill while I am carrying all kinds of stuff-- because I have done worse in NYC--- The under 18 rule is not that bad but it is hard on families-- Grace and Hayes can not come up and Jeff and I will have to switch in the lobby or just not bring them at all--- 
I am going to sleep before they come in for the 100th time tonight-- It is the most bizarre thing... rest is not something you get here!  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now this really sucks! Praying that this will be a short stay, and that you will have good nurses.

Kerri

Anonymous said...

You have got to be kidding me! These people should be bending over backwards to make your life easier and here they are adding to your stress. You would think there would be people at the hospital thinking these things through. You are amazing and handle it much better than I would. I would have lost it on the person and would not have been as nice as I am sure you were.

We love you - hang in there.
Daphne

Christyswin said...

Gosh, been reading for awhile now and decided time to "out" myself. I give you so much credit! God Bless You!! Praying for Grier daily. Sending some visitors over via my Facebook! Keep the faith...

GO STEEL FAB!

GO STEEL FAB!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Grier's address in NYC

Grier Christenbury
Ronald McDonald House of New York

405 East 73rd Street

New York, NY 10021

Before 3F8

Before 3F8

After 3F8

After 3F8
30 minutes later

Free Money for Go Grier Go!.. just by shopping online!!

iGive.com

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC
www.cornellpediatrics.org-- Great hospital!

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street
just transporting-- not an emergency!

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor
Monday 10/29/07

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park
Thanks to everyone that helped!!!

On the way to NYC!

On the way to NYC!

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC
Playing with the doctors and nurses 10/19/07

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

HOPE IS GOOD!!

HOPE IS GOOD!!

Supersib- GRACE

Supersib- GRACE

SuperSib-- HAYES

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!
I am 3!

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Pat

Grier & Pat

Go Grier Go!

Go Grier Go!




Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's

Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's