Friday, October 12, 2007

Here's what I know so far-- They moved the date-


Grier needs to be in NYC by OCT.22nd to meet with Dr. Kushner- MSKCC will run a lot of tests that week we are there-- MIBG, CT, MRI Bone Marrow etc. Then we are hoping to get a surgery date for the first week in NOV. Right Now-- the only opening they have in their OR-- is last week of NOV---

So, we have a date-- the 22nd-- now we are trying to get there and find somewhere to stay-- I just wish I knew how long we would be there and if we need to stay until surgery date-- This is my first dose of NYC being more complicated -- I can not just get in my car and come home quickly as I have been doing for 6 months--

See ya'll tomorrow at the 5k-- Thanks for all the support so far-- we are getting ready to enter a harder phase!!

SINCE I AM LACKING IN TIME TO WRITE THANK YOU NOTES I THOUGHT I WOULD MENTION SOME HERE.... I KNOW I WILL FORGET SOMEONE-- SO PLEASE JUST KNOW JEFF AND I APPRECIATE EVERYTHING THAT EVERYONE IS DOING FOR OUR FAMILY.. PRAYERS, NOTES, MEALS, RIDES FOR HAYES AND GRACE, GIFTCARDS, ETC--
A SPECIAL THANK YOU TO COURTNEY CLARK, KAMI RUDISILL AND RODDY BROADNAX FOR THEIR HELP IN GETTING T-SHIRTS FOR OUR FAMILIES TO WEAR DURING THE HOPEBUILDERS 5K-- THIS WAS A HUGE HELP AND THEY LOOK GREAT-- COURTNEY AND KAMI DID THE ART AND RODDY AND THUNDERBRANDWORKS HELP GET THEM PRINTED-- THEY TURNED OUT GREAT-- THANKS SO MUCH--

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy,
HOW EXCITING!! I can not believe how your head must be reeling right now with needing to be in NYC in 10 days. However, this is BIG! I am so delighted that your meeting has been moved up...I think they underestimated the amount of time it would take you to get the things together that they asked for therefore gave you a date further out. Again, they have no idea what/who they are about to encounter...watch out New York:) I am very confident that everything will fall into place...you may need to jump through a few hoops here ane there...minor detail! As always, please ask for help from anyone you know. Your friends are very much available to help you with anything from toilet paper to airline tickets. Just ask!

Looking forward to the run tomorrow. The t-shirts look great! Kamie is awesome as I'm sure the other folks who helped out are as well...I happen to know Kamie. I think we're going to be blue from top to toe...won't be hard to recognize us! GO GRIER GO to NYC!!

Wishing you a good night of sleep. Healing prayers for Grier that he might feel tons better and come home VERY SOON!!

See you in the morning.

Love & Prayers...
Dina

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!! So glad to hear that you are making it there a week earlier!! (The 22nd is Woods’ B-Day so we will have to add an extra candle to his cake for Grier!) I am ready to help out in any way I can. I’ve already asked Jeanna to put me on the list. We love you!

Good luck tomorrow!
Troy

Mary Ellen Paine said...

So happy to hear the news.We will start praying harder and get our Northern friends praying harder also.
Good Luck today. I will be thinking of you. I know it will be a great success.
Love,
The Paine's

Kathy said...

I am checking in on you and find that Grier is in the hospital again. I am so sorry I hadn't checked sooner, but I know you of all people understand. Julia is also back in (3rd time in a week)and also has an ANC of ZERO...Arrrrggghhh! I am praying you are all off to Memorial soon and get this ball rolling! Prayers and hugs ... we'll see you round the Tower ...
Kathy and Julia www.caringbridge.org/visit/julianesbitt

Anonymous said...

Amy,
If you don't have this taken care of, Jay and I would like to cover your flight to NYC. One of Jay's clients might be able to help out with lodging as well. He could find out by the end of the day tomorrow, Mon. My email is Lhp2staff@earthlink.net or home # is 704-377-8008

Lynne Perry
Sterling Rd.

GO STEEL FAB!

GO STEEL FAB!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Grier's address in NYC

Grier Christenbury
Ronald McDonald House of New York

405 East 73rd Street

New York, NY 10021

Before 3F8

Before 3F8

After 3F8

After 3F8
30 minutes later

Free Money for Go Grier Go!.. just by shopping online!!

iGive.com

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC
www.cornellpediatrics.org-- Great hospital!

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street
just transporting-- not an emergency!

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor
Monday 10/29/07

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park
Thanks to everyone that helped!!!

On the way to NYC!

On the way to NYC!

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC
Playing with the doctors and nurses 10/19/07

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

HOPE IS GOOD!!

HOPE IS GOOD!!

Supersib- GRACE

Supersib- GRACE

SuperSib-- HAYES

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!
I am 3!

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Pat

Grier & Pat

Go Grier Go!

Go Grier Go!




Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's

Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's