Friday, May 14, 2010

FRIDAY

Grier is feeling a lot better today.... and we took advantage of that all day....!

He went to school with his tote and HUGE backpack for Show and Tell---- he brought his 5 golden puppies that he bought at "FAO Shorts" with his giftcard.... After a full day of TK... I picked him up at the carpool and we headed to the clinic at Levine's-- We had a check up with Dr. McMahon---- and listened to the plan for Monday.  After we left we stopped in the Chick-fila at the hospital and Grier got a milkshake with no whipcream and a cherry.  On the way home I talked him into to getting a haircut.... His soft curls were very cute... but too much attention for him.... and he was called a girl all day in the hospital.  Jeff took him for what we call a "baseball" cut.... it is not buzzed... so I am hoping to lessen trauma when it falls out. I have not even told him yet... I am sure that question will come soon enough.  And maybe it won't...
Grier has been very busy with some presents he has gotten lately.... He told me.. MOM, I am getting a lot of presents but I don't know why...... Thanks so much... I will warn you that thank you notes are way behind.....
Grier went to T ball practice tonight and had a blast.... he really likes to dress the part... full gear... and was thrilled to wear his NEW YORK METS shirt.....  We had a full day as you can tell.

Tomorrow will be even busier... T-ball and Steel Fab... plus the bake -a- thon at Johnson and Wales-- I am planning on being there most of the day--- but I am leaving to see the T-ball game---- Just promise me no questions about Grier..... I am going to help get the cookies ready for the Bake Sale next weekend at Taylor's Finish Line Festival....  I need to feel like I am doing something to help find a cure... and I can't think of anything better than working on this Cookies for Kids Cancer event.

I did find out today from Dr. Kushner that Grier's bone marrow was clean and his urine test was in normal range.... does not change the plan but it was great to know that we are dealing with the one spot in the left hip---The plan is to start high-dose ICE on Monday in Charlotte... after a lot of questions that I had I feel good about this decision.  ICE is not a new chemo... and our doctors here are comfortable with the way the orders are written from our doctors in NEW York--- The worst part will be the 5 days of inpatient stay.... and also the fact that his counts will be down for a long time.... leaving him feeling lousy and prone to infection.....

That is it for now--- thanks for all the well wishes, calls, emails, treats for Grier, visits and dinners... I going to bed so I can get up at 5am ---ready to help get those cookies ready for Charlotte's largest Bake Sale......

ps--- Polka Dot Bake Shop has been an AMAZING donor to all three bake sales in CHARLOTTE--- even my first one in my yard :)---- Please stop by grab some cupcakes for your family and friends.... and tell them you are a friend of Grier's and THANK YOU for helping COOKIES FOR KIDS CANCER----

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers and even so now. My Go Grier Go bracelet is back on so I can think of you even more. Love, Nancy Williams

GO STEEL FAB!

GO STEEL FAB!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Grier's address in NYC

Grier Christenbury
Ronald McDonald House of New York

405 East 73rd Street

New York, NY 10021

Before 3F8

Before 3F8

After 3F8

After 3F8
30 minutes later

Free Money for Go Grier Go!.. just by shopping online!!

iGive.com

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC
www.cornellpediatrics.org-- Great hospital!

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street
just transporting-- not an emergency!

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor
Monday 10/29/07

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park
Thanks to everyone that helped!!!

On the way to NYC!

On the way to NYC!

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC
Playing with the doctors and nurses 10/19/07

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

HOPE IS GOOD!!

HOPE IS GOOD!!

Supersib- GRACE

Supersib- GRACE

SuperSib-- HAYES

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!
I am 3!

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Pat

Grier & Pat

Go Grier Go!

Go Grier Go!




Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's

Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's