Monday, May 17, 2010

Just a quick update to say Grier did start ICE today---- I think I was even wishing for a couple more days of normalcy... but after he was examined the doctor felt comfortable with starting.... and I know it is better to start than to wait around and let the little....( I won't say)-- have time to multiply!

We got to the hospital and had his urine tested and then waited.... I guess I should have been more on top of it than I was...because we waited too long again according to our doctor--- Let's just say HE WAS PISSED at pharmacy..... and I don't think we have heard the last of it--- I am glad... because he took care of it... and knows that there is NO EXCUSE for it--- The chemo he is getting is 3 different types... so total of 4 hours today.... should be done by 8pm---- with tests during the night.... we will have to see how tonight goes.... since we have not done this combo of poison before. Tomorrow will have to start at the same time.... so it sucks we have started so late.... makes a Friday discharge HARD!!!

Other than that little drama.... our day was quiet and fun..... did I just say that??? We hung out and did Legos.... and made foam airplanes..... rode the IV pole to the gift shop.... and watched some TV... My phone actually ran out of batteries by 2pm... so after Grier got his third dose of anti-nausea meds... we both slept a little... He handled the news of the pit-stop very well---- knows that we will go home on Friday... He is loving the "nurse call" button.... He has finally figured out Child Life.... He likes to call them for "something to do"-- I can imagine by the end of this week he may even walk down to their office.. who knows....

I am way behind on emails and FB..... I am sure I will have plenty of time to catch up tonight.... so if you have not heard from me.... sorry!  Grace and Hayes are covered this week--- thanks to all the offers.... there will be plenty more weeks to come.... Thanks for the dinners lately.... they have been very helpful....remember we are all not home so small portions are the best.... I have no storage space---

Thanks to my mom for taking Grace to the dentist for her emergency appointment..... yes... emergency... after another tooth extraction and a cavity filled she will be set to go----- I could not even go there today so I am glad she took her....

In a few hours the infusion will be done for day 1--- then we will have 4 more days... YES!! I am counting....

No comments:

GO STEEL FAB!

GO STEEL FAB!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Grier's address in NYC

Grier Christenbury
Ronald McDonald House of New York

405 East 73rd Street

New York, NY 10021

Before 3F8

Before 3F8

After 3F8

After 3F8
30 minutes later

Free Money for Go Grier Go!.. just by shopping online!!

iGive.com

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC
www.cornellpediatrics.org-- Great hospital!

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street
just transporting-- not an emergency!

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor
Monday 10/29/07

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park
Thanks to everyone that helped!!!

On the way to NYC!

On the way to NYC!

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC
Playing with the doctors and nurses 10/19/07

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

HOPE IS GOOD!!

HOPE IS GOOD!!

Supersib- GRACE

Supersib- GRACE

SuperSib-- HAYES

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!
I am 3!

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Pat

Grier & Pat

Go Grier Go!

Go Grier Go!




Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's

Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's