Sunday, September 13, 2009


Not much to say about today and last night--- Grier did OK-- he has times when you know he is in a lot of pain and you just hope it is time for pain meds-- He is doing OK drinking and eating.... 
We did not get moving early this morning.... Grier was up until midnight--- and I am not sure how much I slept--- Jeff was sleeping :)  I can tell you that---:)
We got out and walked around a little this afternoon and stumbled into a street festival--- it was OK--- just nice not to deal with the traffic~
Tomorrow we have to be at the hospital at 8am-- not looking forward to it but it was of those things that must be done-  Hopefully we will be able to head home on Tuesday.... really hoping corporate angels still has the flight they told us about on Friday-- we will see!
No pictures today--- it was just a day--- I was going to say normal day but it was no where near NORMAL-

I can not believe we have been here for a week-- I am ready to go home and try to get our family of 5 back into some sort of routine-  The Ronald was "decorating" the lobby tonight and I could not even look--- it was a "back to school" theme-- that is what we should be doing now at home in "Carolina"-- not dosing out narcotics--- !! I hope he has forgotten about the countdown for soccer because right now I would have to wrap him in bubble wrap to let him play-- and I have not even asked the surgeon what he thinks probably because I have a pretty good idea of his answer~

ps-- Jeff was pointing out the typos this morning --- Let me just say I am tired and exhausted--- I do know the difference between a couch and a coach--- and whatever else I got wrong--  I don't spend too much time proofing ---- just trying to keep everyone updated on Grier so spelling errors and grammar does not really matter right now :)-- 

picture is from lunch--- he fell asleep before it came :(
  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I didn't notice any grammatical errors. It doesn't matter. Just know that we all care about you all very much and that you are in our thoughts and prayers. Nancy and Roger.

Anonymous said...

With my grammar problems it looked and read great. Hope you guys are home soon and your Monday goes well. Thinking of you!

Netha

Mary Ellen Paine said...

Thanks for updating. Hope you can come home tomorrow. Thinking of you. Love to everyone.
Mary Ellen

Unknown said...

We are thinking of you guys......I missed not seeing Grier and the rest of the family on Saturday at Whittington. I want to see him walking around eating candy soon!

Heather Price said...

I cannot wait to hear that you all are back in Charlotte!! I check gogriergo and Facebook about 17 times a day to see if there are any updates - grammar/spelling is a low priority when all of us here just devour the tiniest bit of info or photos and we don't care how it looks (or is spelled)! :)

GO STEEL FAB!

GO STEEL FAB!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Go Grier Go Magnets are Here!

Grier's address in NYC

Grier Christenbury
Ronald McDonald House of New York

405 East 73rd Street

New York, NY 10021

Before 3F8

Before 3F8

After 3F8

After 3F8
30 minutes later

Free Money for Go Grier Go!.. just by shopping online!!

iGive.com

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC

Grier leaving NY-pres and going back to MSKCC
www.cornellpediatrics.org-- Great hospital!

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street

Grier going for a ride in the ambulance across the street
just transporting-- not an emergency!

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor

Grier patiently waiting surgery to remove tumor
Monday 10/29/07

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park

Go Grier Go Picnic in the Park
Thanks to everyone that helped!!!

On the way to NYC!

On the way to NYC!

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC

Grier at the "new" clinic at CMC
Playing with the doctors and nurses 10/19/07

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

Some of our team at the Hopebuilders 5k

HOPE IS GOOD!!

HOPE IS GOOD!!

Supersib- GRACE

Supersib- GRACE

SuperSib-- HAYES

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!

Grier and his Wonder Pets fly boat cake!
I am 3!

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Grace at Covenant

Grier & Pat

Grier & Pat

Go Grier Go!

Go Grier Go!




Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's

Jack and Charlie wearing Go Grier Go T's